2013 February - 2 months old aquarium.
2013 May - Rescape.
2013 November - Algae Attack
2014 January - Even more algae, plants are growing but fish are dying.
Base on my experience so far, plants that had grow in my low tech tank:
- Echinodorus Tennellus/Sagittaria Subulata - Will grow and spread slowly. In emerge form, they tend to grow broader leaves
- Echinodorus Cordifolius - Will grow
- Unnamed haigrass - Refer to 2nd PIC (2013 May), plants at the right back. Will grow and take over your tank, refer to my last picture (2014 Jan), plants at left back
- Annubias - Will grow, but algae tend to grow on their leaves
Some of the plants that I fail to grow in my tank:
- Java Fern - The leaves turn dark/black color after a while, it seems like the T5 lighting is killing them. I had one in a low light aquarium, and it is surviving.
- Java Moss - Will grow, but algae will kill them pretty quick
- Elodea/Anacharis - Will not grow if there are not enough light. But it can grow outdoor quite easily, I had some that are flowering in my outdoor pot.
- Cabomba - Same as Elodea, will not grow if there are not enough light. But you can grow them outdoor easily
- Hydrocotyle Sibthorpioides - Will not grow, but you can plant them emerge easily.
* I am not expert in planted tank, so dont take my words too seriously.